Chevroches, Canal du Nivernais

Friday 4 October 2013

Wifi Woes





It’s been a while….
Ever keen to save a dollar (or Euro) I’ve been hoping that we would arrive somewhere with free internet in order to update the blog. Now with less than a week left onboard and moored at our final destination in what seems to be a wifi wilderness I have been forced to attempt to resume my relationship with Monsieur Orange France. Unfortunately, he’s proving more than a little reluctant to cooperate. First off he flatly refused to accept my mobile internet recharge voucher online and after several unsuccessful attempts locked me out of my account. Okay, I thought, I’ll try the personal approach and phone the number on the ticket. No joy there. We haven’t a French mobile this year and I wasn’t able to get the number to connect on the phone we do have. That, possibly, may have been my fault or could it be that M. Orange is upset at my taking up with his UK counterpart? ( credit on UK mobiles doesn't expire and you therefore don't risk losing your account and number - not to mention your money).  Anyway, as a last resort, I went in search of a phone box. I didn’t have to look too far as France has maintained its good network of public phone boxes and the country’s inhabitants have behaved in a civilised manner and refrained from vandalising them. So, success – well, sort of.  My account may be topped up but around here the network apparently has next to no strength. 
Monsieur Orange- your dongle, disappointingly, just isn’t up to the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment