Chevroches, Canal du Nivernais

Sunday 7 July 2013

Not the Tour de France

There was much excitement in Pouilly yesterday when Tour de Cote d'Or whizzed past the canal basin and into town. This may not be the Tour de France being only 3 days in length and confining itself to Burgundy but it is an important cycling event nevertheless.
What interested me particularly was their route. Day 2 for the racers covered much of the same area of our cruise. What has taken us 3 weeks they have done in around 3 hours. They weren't hanging around scoffing 4 course lunches mind you. Day 2 was also the day for the climb section and guess where that was - the very same route that I wrote about a couple of posts ago. The 10% incline hill up to Colombier that just about killed me and I was merely pushing my bike. What is more they were timetabled to do it in about 5minutes! I'd have liked to have seen that.
Actually I don't believe they did. They were a bit late arriving here in Pouilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment