Chevroches, Canal du Nivernais

Friday 21 August 2009

Heatwave


It's hot. 37 degrees C and the steel deck would cook Christmas dinner, never mind fry an egg. An Australian girl in sweltering Rome has just been interviewed on tv cheerfully stating, 'I'm Australian. This is cold!' I feel I should remove our Aussie flag for fear of letting the side down as I drape myself in wet towels in an effort to ward off melting point. Rob decides to test out the lifebelt and clean the boat around the waterline but we're in a town harbour and the water's looking distinctly murky so I'm not about to take the plunge. The locals have no such reservations though. The surf board may be wishful thinking but the Kelly Slater of the canine world seems to be enjoying it. ( Natural or goofy paw???)

No comments:

Post a Comment